My dearest blog and readers,
So sorry I have been off the grid for so long.
This past week has been crazy: sleep, work, party, sleep, work, party, sleep, work…
For those of you living in Zürich will know that this past weekend was the Zürifäscht.
2.3 million people in Zürich and the restaurant where I work was open and bam in the middle of it all down by the lake.
I have to say I was surprised that my friend, my boss and I managed to work the whole weekend.
Working from 5pm-3am, partying till 6am, sleeping for a few hours and doing it again on Saturday.
And Sunday working 12 straight hours.
By Monday I wasn’t functioning properly anymore and enjoyed a 12 hour nights sleep that night.
But it was back to work like normal this week.
After work we went out too just because we were still too wound up plus we wanted to enjoy a bit of the festivities too!
And one party it was. There’s just something about outdoor clubbing.
Perfect summer feeling.
Plus we had to cheers to a long day of work, right Jill? ;)
Now to the food part: banana bread.
My sister and I made it awhile back but I never got around to blogging the recipe.
Okay by we made it I mean my sister did most of it, I washed up and licked the bowl.
Great team work if you ask me.
♦ 2 cups sifted flour
♦ 1 teaspoon baking powder
♦ 1 teaspoon baking soda
♦ 1/2 teaspoon salt
♦ 1/2 cup buttermilk
♦ 2 eggs
♦ 1/2 cup shortening
♦ 1 cup sugar
♦ 1 1/2 cups ripe bananas
♦ 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
♦ 1/2 cup nuts
1. Heat oven to 180ºC, grease and flour a cake pan.
2. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a big mixing bowl.
3. Put shortening, eggs, buttermilk, vanilla and bananas into a mixer and mix until smooth.
4. Add nuts until chopped and then mix everything into dry ingredients and mix well.
5. Pour into cake pan and bake for 35-40 min.
6. Leave for 5 min to cool before taking it out.