I had found this image on pinterest awhile ago and intended to make this recipe but hadn’t gotten around to it until now.
It’s just mini pizzas out of aubergine.
So great if you’re gluten free. And vegetarian. And want to be healthy. And still eat yummy food.
This pretty much ticks all the boxes.
Oh and also if you want something easy to make.
1. Make your tomato sauce. I used onions, carrots, olives and some parsley for mine but really it’s up to you.
2. The sauce should simmer for about 15 min so it has a nice texture and flavour.
3. Pre-heat your oven. I guestimated I put it to 180.
4. Cut your aubergine into 2-3cm thick slices.
5. Drip some olive oil onto each slice and use your finger to spread it around a bit.
6. Once your sauce is done, pile it onto each aubergine slice.
7. Sprinkle cheese ontop. I put parmesan but I think next time I want to try with mozarella.
8. Place in the oven for about 15 min.
I had half of it for lunch but I think next time I want to make a side like a salad to go with it.
Other than that I was pretty happy how it turned out.Let me know if you have any cool alternative pizza recipes.