Can you believe it is already December?!
It’s crazy how fast time is going…
But hey, winter time is warming soup time.
Also it’s time that I have accepted the fact that my pictures just aren’t going to great seeing as there is no natural light.
This soup recipe takes a bit more time than my normal recipes but it’s worth it, especially roasting the garlic.
This will make enough for 4 people as a main dish.
♦ 1 head garlic
♦ 2 tbs coconut oil
♦ 1 butternut squash, peeled and cubed
♦ 1 red bell pepper, cubed
♦ 1 tsp spicy curry powder
♦ 1 tsp paprika
♦ 1/2 tsp cumin
♦ 1/2 tsp cinnamon
♦ 1 tsp cayenne pepper
♦ 1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
♦ 415ml coconut milk
♦ 2 cups veggie broth
♦ 114g soft goats cheese
For the coconut ginger cream you’ll need:
♦ 200 ml coconut milk
♦ 1-2 tbs fresh ginger, grated
1. Start by preheating your oven to 200ºC.
2. Chop off the top of the garlic, pour 1 tbs olive oil on the cloves and wrap in foil. Roast in the oven for 45 min, cool for 5-10 min before squeezing the garlic out of the paper into a bowl and mashing with a fork.
3. In the meantime add the coconut oil to a pan on medium heat and cook the peppers for 5 min until soft.
4. Add the butternut squash, spices and cook for 3-5 min before adding the coconut milk and the veggie broth.
5. Bring the soup to a boil, reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 20-25 min.
6. While the soup is cooking, prepare the cream by mixing the coconut cream with the fresh ginger. Leave in the fridge to stay cool.
7. Once the soup is cooked, add the roasted garlic and goats cheese and blend.
8. Place back on the heat, bring to the boil, and serve with the coconut ginger cream.