Last week I was kindly invited to the Best of Swiss Gastro Award Night by Local.ch and Harrysding.ch.
The award honours the best restaurants, cafés and bars in all of Switzerland.
The interior and decorations of the location were stunning and definitely reminded me of the magic of winter. Just look at the stars on the floor!
The award is given out once a year and this year local.ch invited a handful of bloggers who had been lucky enough to try out some of the nominated locations. I had opted for sushi and go the privilege to try YEN’s (post HERE).
Seeing all the nominees being listed I realised I still had so many restaurants to try! Not only in Zürich but in all of Switzerland. And incase you are looking for some inspiration for your next restaurant, café or bar visit, here are the winners of the night:
Master: Restaurant-Boucherie AuGust
Restaurant-Boucherie AuGust, known for its meat specialities, won the Master Prize 2015.
1. Hotel Restaurant Schifflände, Birrwil
2. Gasthof Bären, Langnau im Emmental
3. Restaurant Burg, Au
1. Restaurant-Boucherie AuGust, Zürich
2. Seven Lugano – The Restaurant, Lugano
3. George Bar & Grill, Zürich
3. Elle’n’Belle, Zürich
1. Grotto America, Ponte Brolla
2. Restaurant Die Weid, Zürich
3. Panoramarestaurant Fritzenfluh, Wyssachen
Category: „Fine Dining“
1. Hotel Bären, Gonten
2. La Riva, Lenzerheide
3. Osteria del Centenario, Muralto-Locarno
Category: „Bar & Lounge“
1. More Bar, Bubikon
2. TIME…, Zürich
3. Hof Bar im Grand Resort Bad Ragaz, Bad Ragaz
Category: „On the Move“
1. Gärtnerei Stockerstrasse, Zürich
2. FELFEL, Zürich
3. La Ribollita, Bern
3. Zapote California Burritos & Salads, Wallisellen
1. mani’s coffee & bagles, Thun
2. Café 3692, Grindelwald
3. Rösterei Kaffee und Bar, Bern
1. Rio Churrasco, Stansstad
2. MAORI Pacific Rim Cuisine, Schlieren
3. Ristorante Il Casale, Wetzikon
All pictures courtesy of Christsna Züger.
Now to get started on ticking all the restaurants off my “to try” list…